.

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

vvvv progress

I have been very productive today and organized my datasets into text-files to be read into vvvv. I decided that for now I will be working with two specific datasets: Arrivals and Departures by Country, but narrowed down to regions such as Oceania, the Americas, etc.

I have written a patch which reads these text files into vvvv and separates the data into slices.


So one challenge down, a zillion to go!

The next thing I decided I really needed to spend time on was to play around with the system to see what sorts of visualisations I could create with it, and try and broaden my knowledge of patching in general. I experimented with a few things - had a fit trying to draw bezier curves (evil). I particularly liked the rope patch for DX9.





Another VERY interesting thing i found was the "Camera (SoftImage)" patch, which essentially links keyboard input and mouse clicks to control zoom, pan, rotation etc of the camera! What is great about this is that all patches can be edited... thus I am considering using this existing patch, and editing it to read off the arduino inputs rather than the keyboard/mouse inputs. If this works, it could be a giant leap in my project.... :)

So that's all for now. Hopefully next post I will have an update on the camera patch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home